Tuesday 16 June 2015

Story time

High school- they're the years where the adults say "they're the best years of your life"
Where the students say "Small fish, big ocean"
Teachers say "Study hard" and "this prepares you for the real world"
AND parents give advice after telling everyone that "he/she/xe grew up so fast"

Some advice I was given before I went to high school was to make new friends because people change.
I wish i'd listened to that advice sooner...
It's no secret that I can be a little bit awkward in the friends department.
You probably already know about my friendship with "Kate" and how it all turned sour.
BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT THIS POST IS ABOUT

I could have listened to the advice I was given
But I stayed with Kate and Kate only.
Sure I had some side friends.
But Kate was my only real friend
Kinda sad writing that... Ouch!

ANYWAY!!!!

Being friends with just Kate and looking back on it, I turned into something i'm not.
Kate had a very fiery personality.
She had a short temper, would pick fights with anyone, would often swear and call people insulting names. She basically was everything i'm not.
I DON'T TALK TO KATE ANYMORE SO I DON'T KNOW IF SHE'S CHANGED OR NOT.

So me being me, I just went along with everything Kate did. Why? Because I wanted a place to belong. I felt accepted by her, we had thoughts of having children of our own and making them become best friends like we were.

Do I miss it? Probably...
Would I go back to it? NO!
Why?
Toxic friendships aren't made to last. I don't ever want to be someone i'm not.

SOME OF MY BEST MEMORIES ARE WITH KATE.
How do I feel about this?
A little sad, but hopeful for the future, that i'll create more memories with other people.



So that's my blog post for today... Sorry it's not a light and happy one but uh it happens.
Stay Awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment